The mission of the Regional Diabetes Collaborative (RDC) is to support, promote, and coordinate efforts to prevent and manage diabetes in Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties.
The RDC is committed to reducing and managing diabetes in Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Benito counties through the following goals:
- To create partnerships with private, public, governmental, and community-based organizations to prevent diabetes.
- To increase public awareness and diabetes education.
- To promote the best practices in clinical management to improve treatment effectiveness for diabetes.
- To improve the availability, accessibility, and affordability of treatment services, medicines, and equipment for diabetes patients.
- To develop and implement a policy advocacy plan designed to address diabetes.
- To view more details, please view our Strategic Plan
Steering Committee is responsible for governance, membership, resource development and budget management.
Policy Committee is responsible for affecting public policy around diabetes through advocacy, policy analysis and development.
Education Committee promotes diabetes awareness, consumer education and prevention strategies to the general community.
Quality of Care Committee focuses on promotion of best practices. This committee addresses improvements in diabetes clinical practices. Also focuses on mobilizing and strengthening the capacity of the underserved communities to raise awareness and improve access.
Ad Hoc Patient and Family Committee primary focus is to get feedback and opinions of people who are living with diabetes here in our community.
General Membership Meeting The RDC General Membership meets the second, Tuesday of the month from 9:00am-11:00am in January and October. Location will rotate to each county. RDC membership is open to all interested organizations and individuals in the tri-county area. RDC members may serve indefinitely, but shall serve for a period of at least one year.
RDC Administration/Health Trust Support
Currently, the Pajaro Valley Community Health Trust, a nonprofit health care foundation serving the Pajaro Valley and the surrounding region, provides administrative support to the RDC convening efforts in the form of meeting space, some administrative and clerical services, funding for the RDC consultant/ facilitator, fiscal oversight and management of its resources, and participation, consultation and technical assistance as needed.
For more information on our Regional Diabetes Collaborative and inquiries regarding membership participation, please contact Program Staff, phone 761-5695, or email.