What are Planned Gifts?
A planned or deferred gift is a gift of any amount which usually requires the assistance of the donor’s professional financial advisor to complete. In addition, it includes any gift which is carefully considered by donors in the context of their estate and financial plans.
Planned gifts can range from a simple bequest to a variety of plans that can provide income for the donor and/or a legacy for heirs. Planned gifts are an excellent way to give, and their flexibility makes them popular.
Choosing to make a planned gift to the Health Trust can enhance your estate by helping you increase cash flow, reduce taxes and avoid the cost of probate. Additionally, you can be relieved of capital gain tax when appreciated property is used to fund this type of gift.
Examples of Planned Gifts Include:
- Bequests - Can help to minimize or eliminate estate taxes.
- Appreciated Securities - A way to maximize tax saving by contributing appreciated securities.
- Charitable Remainder Trust - Unlock highly appreciated securities to generate new higher income for you.
- Charitable Gift Annuity or Charitable Annuity Trust - Convert low-yielding assets into a new fixed, higher income.
- Charitable Remainder Trust or Deferred Gift Annuity - Create a supplemental retirement plan tailored to your needs.
- Life Insurance or Retirement Plan - Convert your insurance or retirement plan to a major gift to the Health Trust.
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust - Convert non-income producing real estate into a new income for you.
- Charitable Lead Trust or Charitable Remainder Trust and Wealth Replacement Trust - Support the Health Trust while transferring assets to your heirs at greatly reduced transfer cost.
For more information:
Contact the Health Trust Office:
You can contact the Health Trust office by phone, fax, mail or email.
Pajaro Valley Community Health Trust
85 Nielson Street, Watsonville, CA 95076
Phone: (831) 761-5639
Fax: (831) 763-6084.
All gifts to the Pajaro Valley Community Health Trust are tax deductible. Thank you for your interest!